Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Wedding Order

I have created and sold a few jewelry pieces for weddings in the past, but none quite like this. I had made a silver and copper Chocobo pendant from the Final Fantasy video game series to sell on Etsy a few weeks ago. Last week I had a woman contact me saying that she knew I made the chocobo pendant to be a one-of-a-kind piece, but wondered if I would be willing and able to make a few more. I told her that I could do that and expected it to be for 2 or maybe 3 of them. She ordered 8 of them. I was shocked since I had never had an order that big for the hand-sawed and soldered pendants. It turns out that she and her fiance met playing Final Fantasy and have decided to have a Final Fantasy themed wedding. The pendants are gifts for the wedding party. I have been working on them for a few days and have almost finished them. Here is a view of what I have been working with.


3 comments:

  1. That is very cool! My guys play Everquest II but have played FF. I will have to show this to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! You seriously have to hand saw every little nook and cranny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was tiring and I nearly cut off my finger when the blade broke and snapped back into in index finger. I guess I can't actually charge extra for blood and pain, lol. It's ok. They turned out fabulous and the couple LOVED them. I even packaged them in little tins with shredded yellow paper to make it look like the baby chocbos were in their nests, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Etsy Shop