Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Last Airbender

We went today and saw The Last Airbender with some friends. I know almost everyone seemed to hate it, but if you did not watch the original show, I think it was a good movie. I am not saying it was great, but it was not as horrible as everyone made me think it would be. Maybe it was because I only watched a few episodes of the show. At first I thought the acting was poor, but the more I watched it, the more I realized it was really just the script that was awful. The only thing I can guess is that M. Night Shyamalan tried to write it for children and just had no clue how to write for a younger audience and it came out terrible. What I don't understand is why no one told him how bad it really was. Once I got past the writing and the action started, I began to enjoy it more. I can only hope that the next one is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy Shop